FOOD: The GAP Cafe, Blue Mountains

Several months ago, on a whim, a friend of mine and another friend of his decided to bust out into the mountains. The Blue Mountains, Jamaica to be exact. We made a few stops chittering, chattering and taking the view in. Fresh air for days!

wp-1487950447210.jpg

On the way, we stopped at a lovely cafe for lunch and let me tell you, the food and experience are not things my I will soon forget. They have the amenties for both an indoor and an outdoor dining experience, but who could pass up that breeze and view?

The scenery is entirely too beautiful and refreshing, lush green landscape d in the middle of the mountains and nature visited us in the form of the National Bird of Jamaica, the humming bird.

Quiet, peaceful time and space outside of the hustle and bustle of nearby city, Kingston.

Oxtail, yellow rice and tossed salad

Finally, the meal. As a born Jamaican, a favorite is Oxtail. The food was amazing. It just doesn’t get any better than this. I’ll definitely be going back. You don’t just have food like that once!
Before we left, we viewed the historical secrets the building had to offer and were invited to sign the guest book.

12 Comments Add yours

1. Simone Linn says:

Nice! Will have to check it out the next time I’m there

Liked by 1 person

1. Shandean™ says:

You really should Simone. The food is delish!

2. Alicia says:

I didn’t know there were places like that up there. Will definitely check it out.

Liked by 1 person

1. Shandean™ says:

Definitely, Alicia

3. Jhunelle J says:

This place is on my list, though I admit I couldn’t remember how I found about it & couldn’t find much info online. Tried calling to no avail 1 day while I was in the mountains so decided to save it for another day when more time was available. Great to get a quick review on it.

Liked by 1 person

1. Shandean™ says:

Awesome, Jhunelle! I love your name. My youngest sibling is your namesake. I named her ☺

1. Jhunelle J says:

Ahh That’s Awesome, Thanks 🙂 Spelled The Same Way? Rarely Find Someone With The Same Spelling.

Liked by 1 person

2. Shandean™ says:

Same spelling. I thought I was making it up haha. She’s 11 now.

Liked by 1 person

4. XoMzMieann says:

Look at that Pepperseed glow 🙂 I gotta check out that café too it sounds and looks delightful 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Shandean™ says:

There’s another I want to visit up there as well. Blueridge or something like that.

Liked by 1 person

1. Oh yes, you should like Blue Ridge. Friendly staff, nice food and great views (that’s kind of a given). Here’s my review & pics :http://simplylocal.life/dine-mountains-blue-ridge

Liked by 1 person

2. Shandean™ says:

Wow! Definitely going soon. I’m glad you liked it. Lol @ the cocoa!

Liked by 1 person